...for my FIANCE and I......yup that's right we got engaged! Ill save all the emotional sappy stuff for those who wish to call/meet for a beer and get the details. Ill try and keep it short and concise then let the pics do the talking.
The Ring :
- self designed Celtic braid, custom made by Mr. Gene Bauer an artist and goldsmith of 30 years. Gene's studio is in Golden, CO as may soon contain framed photographs of Kristin's rings.
- Kristin mentioned and found some artwork of a Celtic braid/weave. We sat down with Mr. Bauer to inquire about taking on the design. Soon after I choose to cut Kristin off from any further involvement in the ring designs....for surprise sake.
- After several meetings Gene and I came up with the final designs.
- 3 months later Gene finished what he called one of his most challenging pieces.
- At this point I mislead Kristin in believing the rings were in wax and still a ways from being done due to continues design problems. There were a few other misleading bits of info...like planning to have a lakeside conversation with Mr. Casey during an upcoming family get together in Minnesota.
- Travel to Ouray/Silverton shortly after getting off work. Camp at Ice Lakes Basin trailhead. Then in the AM mountain bike the 3,080 vertical feet and 3.5 miles to Ice Lakes Basin, an area regarded by many as one of Colorado's most stunning alpine basins! Ice lakes basin contains 4 lakes (one blue, one green and one with a rock island in the middle), countless waterfalls and an abundance of wildflowers. I knew if i didn't propose mountain biking there was a chance K wouldn't go for it:)
- We were able to bike to the lower Ice Lakes Basin before things got to steep and to rocky to travel via bike. From here we stashed the bikes and hiked the final 0.5 miles. Once coming upon Ice Lake, I looked around for the right spot....I wasn't feeling it and we didn't have the area to our selves. So I suggested we hiked a bit higher to the next lake, one of CO's hidden gems. Most people are so overwhelmed by Ice Lake they don't bother checking out Island Lake. She was down with the plan so we hiked a bit further to the most majestic lakes I have seen! It was perfect....well minus trying to convince Kristin to come down the final 5 feet to the waters edge. As she was very happy with her view from up above, luckily she fell for the ol "please babe, I want to take some pics from down here"........The rest is history:)
|Night cap - prior to the big day|
|To One Knee - GPS tracks|
|Lower Ice Lakes Basin - we changed our wheels for hiking near the huge black headwall near photos center|
|Skunk Cabbage - the waterfall is the drainage from Ice Lake|
|Caribbean Blue - Ice Lake|
|Question soon to be popped - Island Lake|
|She has no Idea|
|She Said YES|
|Gorgeous - the rings not to shabby either|
|Among the Wild Flowers|